Love everything fall? I have a fantastic protein waffles recipe that is perfect for breakfast/brunch/treat and will satisfy your fall baking needs. It’s extremely rich and sweet, but so delicious!
Ginger Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- waffle maker
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 scoops unflavored protein powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 4 LARGE eggs
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk *you can subsitute alternate milk for a different taste/texture
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- In large bowl, whisk together all the DRY ingredients until mixed. Put aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together all WET ingredients until smooth.
- Add DRY mix to WET mix and whisk together until just combined (avoid over mixing)
- Cover and let sit for 15 mintues
- Using a waffle iron, butter the grates, and place 1/4 cup of mix (or more). Bake until desired doneness.
- Top with favorite toppings, such as maple butter, maple syrup, whipped cream, powdered sugar, caramel sauce