Smoothies and shakes are the cheat sheet to proper nutrition and good health. An easy way to start the day, there are several reasons one should be sipping all morning long.
- A great way to get 1-2 cups of whole foods.
- It is easy to blend in those not-so tasty items such as supplements and spices.
- Eases digestion since all the foods are liquified. It makes it easier to absorb the nutrients.
- Less calories than your average healthy breakfast or lunch.
- It is way less work to make a smoothie than a recipe.
All too often, people either skip breakfast, or over eat breakfast. Both very are easy ways to cause blood sugar unwanted changes, causing you to either be hungry or cranky, or both. Sipping on nutrient rich smoothies is a very simple solution for keeping your blood sugar stable, allowing you to manage hunger and mood all day.
Smoothies | The Basic Formula
- Liquid – your preferred choice of milk, non-dairy milk, or water
- Protein Powder – your preferred choice of protein powder
- Greens – 1/2-1 cup of dark leafy greens, or a serving of a concentrated powder
- Healthy Fat- Chia seeds, Flax Seed, Avocado, Cocount oil/flakes
- Fruit- berries are better than other high glycemic fruits such as bananas or mangos.
Favorite go-to smoothies
Chocolate Peanut Butter – 2 servings
- chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 10 oz of Ripple milk
- 1/2 tsp of cacoa powder
Matcha Chai – 2 servings
- vanilla protein powder
- tbsp of concentrated greens powder
- matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 10 oz of Ripple Milk